Alex and Bruce received their instructions and signed their lives away.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Sunday, August 16 (posted on 9/15/08)
Snookie has shamed me into getting busy so tonight I decided to load a few balloon pictures.
On 8/17/08 Bruce celebrated his 60th birthday with a balloon ride which a gift from the kids. Everyone thought I was going with Bruce as his "guest" but as a 30th birthday present for Alex, I sent Alex with his Dad. Everyone was shocked.
About 6:00 p.m. Bruce, Alex, Joy, James, Michael, Melissa, Amy and I drove out to Johnson County Executive Airport to meet Jason Jones from Old World Balloonary for the ride. Jason was patiently waiting for us.


The rest of us hung around. Standing: Melissa, Rob Henning, Amy, Sharon Pierson and her grandchildren Kori and Cody; Bev Henning. Sitting Joy and James
Bruce and Alex went with Jason and the balloon while the rest of us followed.
The basket was unloaded at an old airstrip.
Next came the envelope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great pictures!! Good to see you haven't lost your touch to take those pictures. Jack & you need to get together and discuss his new camera. (Nikon D-80) He loves it....
Nice to see an update, especially one that has Bruce up in the air. Looks like you picked the perfect day for a flight.
Michelle
How fun!!! The pictures are beautiful (as usual I might add)! Happy Belated Birthday to Bruce! Hope this finds you both well!! We miss you at the Ridge . . .
We've been so busy, I just got caught up reading your blog. Wonderful pictures to document the event.
Post a Comment